Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Maryn's First First Birthday


So excited!!


She starts out very daintily (is that a word?)...






And ends up a mess! All done!!


Parker insisted on a hat too.

While Grandma was still here we had to have a little party to celebrate Maryn's birthday since she couldn't be here on Friday, Maryn's real birthday. We had cupcakes and a few presents. As you can see from the pictures Maryn made a huge mess while Parker ate his cupcake very carefully. Check back for pictures of her big party.

My sister-in-law, Sarah is a very special person. I am so thankful that my brother married someone that I absolutely adore. She is one of my best friends. Now how many girls can say that about their sister-in-law!! And she really loves my children. I think she loves them as much as you can love a child that is not biologically yours. Today she and her son, Ford, are making the five hour trip up here just so they can be here for her party. If it wasn't during the week I know my brother, Joseph, would be here too and he is very sad he is missing out. Ford is one week, to the day, younger than Maryn. So we will be travelling to Auburn next weekend to celebrate my favorite nephew's birthday!! (It's ok to say that now because he's my only nephew!)

Today was also a big day for Maryn because she was having her one year pictures done. For all the grandkids first birthdays my dad and Debbie give them a photo session with a small stipulation of a picture in return. Maryn did great! especially considering she had not had a nap. My friend Sharon took the pictures. She is an amazing photographer! One of my favorite things about Sharon is how excited she gets about the things she loves... her friend's kids, Jesus, a great pair of jeans! Don't you know someone that you can't wait to tell something to because they are going to be out of control excited for you? That's Sharon (and also my friend Emily). Sharon has a big heart and such a passion for life... and photography! She took an unbelieveable 400 pictures! Here's the link to her blog so you can see the great pictures she took. Contact her if you want some wonderful pictures!!

http://smittenphotography.typepad.com/smitten_photography/2007/10/year-one-maryn.html

2 comments:

DeLine Family said...

Happy Birthday Maryn! Such cute pics of both of the little ones! Have a wonderful "official" first bday party! I finally started a blog too...knldeline.blogspot.com!! It's so fun to keep up with everyone! Laura

The Martin Family said...

That is the nicest paragraph I've ever had written about me! I think I'll print it out and frame it! YOU are the best sister-in-law - I just maybe come in a distant second!!