Friday, October 12, 2007

Busy...


Maryn in a dress that was mine when I was little. It was made by either my mom or grandmother. I have several and mom can never remember who made what.

A quick picture from Amanda's shower.

Two babies rocking.

So I am a little behind on my posts. I have been in the middle of baby shower heaven! I helped give one last Sunday and had one Saturday. Sunday's was for my friend, Amanda, from church. She and Juan are having a girl, Sofia, at the end of November and Saturday's shower was for one of my very best friends, Emily, is having a boy at the first of the year. I will post pictures soon.

What's going on with the kids... Maryn has another tooth. That's three in about 10 days. And she hasn't been extremely cranky and I have only gotten up with her once in the night through the whole thing. I am convinced that because she is older getting teeth that she can cope with it better. Please correct me if you have had a different experience. I'd hate to have another child who gets teeth late and then its murder!

Parker had a good week at school. Tuesday was school picture day so I can't wait to see how they turned out. He just told me that Miss Thomas took pictures and had a bear on her head. And that he didn't like taking pictures so I have very low expectations for how they will look. He also had fun this week because his best friend, Cam, spent Tuesday and Thursday with us. The boys had a great time playing on my bed in the pillows and doing their laps. They like to run around through the kitchen and den occasionally yelling something or falling over a toy.

We also got trees put in our backyard. We have one of those typical new development yards that is RIGHT next to another. And our neighbor is sooo sweet but she does have a rather unsightly backyard. So hopefully these trees will be a distraction and eventually give a little privacy. It took them two days to complete the job and I felt so bad for the guys doing it. It was still pretty hot and our hill is horrible.

More soon...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

at long last, trees. very nice. this is abby, not george. i just realized he is signed in, not me. oh well. glad about the trees. we have been talking of them for quite some time. welcome little ray trees, welcome.

The Martin Family said...

A "rather unsightly" backyard...you have such tact. It is truly a gift. Maryn looks so sweet in your dress! I tried to talk Joseph into letting me turn Ford's carseat around, and it was a no-go! He isn't a stickler on much, so I'm not going to fight it!

yellowbritches said...

I remember that dress. You were so cute. Glad you had kept it and no clue as to who made it. Do you still have that Boston Red Sox tshirt?

The Rays said...

no go on the t-shirt but found a picture of me in that dress this past weekend. maryn is cuter. maybe i can scan it and include it next to her. i also found a picture of me with a smocked duck dress on for my first birthday. i have that one too and will take a picture of her in it on her birthday sitting in the same rocking chair i was in! too fun!