Monday, October 1, 2007

The Gator





Last Thursday night I went to the semi-annual (Is that twice a year or every two years? Whatever word means twice a year.) Birkdale consignment sale with some friends from church. Amy, Jodi and I started going two falls ago to buy things for our boys. Now we both have two children each to buy for. Sometime we added dessert afterwards to the tradition. (Those of you who know about my Atlanta shopping trip with my girlfriends from Auburn know how I love a good tradition!) So this year we have expanded our group because there are more women in the church now with little children. As we walked up to the sale, carrying our laundry basket to load our goods in- we have learned a valuable lesson, I spotted the Gator. Now my friend Emily bought one recently for her son, Cam. I had never seen it but knew he had just started riding on it in his back yard and loves it! So... guess what we came home with. Yep, the Gator!! I spent most of my money on it (You have to bring cash to the sale as they don't take cards. This helps keep me in my budget- except when I have sweet friends who lend me money to make my big purchase. Thanks, Meg!!) but didn't find a lot of clothes anyway. So we brought it into the front hall that night and charged the battery. Parker came in the next morning (kind of like Christmas and I would have kept it for a Christmas present but where in the world do you keep one of those for three months?) and was a little cautious at first. But a little riding down the hallway took away his fears so we brought it into the back yard. We ended up buying a new battery for it because Mommy got tired of having to do some pushing and now it runs great!! I practically have to run to keep up with him. Thankfully Parker knows that even his toys have to take naps so the Gator gets tired and needs a rest every once in a while. So if you call and I don't answer at home or my cell... we're probably outside with the Gator.

7 comments:

Grandma said...

Wow! Looks like loads of fun-I hope Parker's a good driver! Sorry you didn't find too many bargins on clothes, but I bet Parker and Maryn would rather have the Gator. Give them a hug and kiss for us!

The Rays said...

Parker is an ok driver. He stops when Mommy says but doesn't steer well so I have to stand right next to him to keep it on the sidewalk!

The Martin Family said...

Maybe Cam can bring his over and they can race! Has he developed any road rage yet? I'm sure his driving will improve with practice. It's a good thing you've been working out so you can keep up with him! I can't get over how big Maryn looks sitting next to him! I just saw her 2 weeks ago, but she looks so grown up. Ford says he can't wait to come ride along with his cousin!

yellowbritches said...

my goodness, that thing appears huge! wish I had one for out here. looks like a lot of fun. wonder if I can get in it?

The Rays said...

It is really big. Mark's car has officially been cast out of the garage.

sara said...

Jennie,
Yeah, I found your blog! Good buy on the Gator--we have a Jeep and the 3 kids fight over it daily--2 years later. So I bet Parker and Maryn will enjoy it for years to come!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't even realize that my car was **officially** kicked out of the garage. I was aware that it had effectively taken place, but I wasn't aware that it was official yet.