Saturday, July 5, 2008

Baby Luke

Still no baby here but there is a new one in Auburn, AL!! My sister-in-law Sarah was due almost exactly one month after me, August 10. Well, Luke Armistead Martin arrived 5 weeks early on Thursday, July 3rd. He weighed in at 4 pounds, 3 ounces and is 18 1/2 inches long. He is in the NICU still and will probably have to be in the hospital for 10 days to 2 weeks. Please pray that he will continue to do well, start breathing on his own soon, and be able to suck so they can take him off the feeding tube. Also pray that he has no more apneas (where they stop breathing briefly- only had one so far) so they don't have to send him to the hospital in Montgomery. Sarah is doing great!! She had him without an epidural (not by choice) and is my hero! Needless to say that has NOT made me decide to try it! I think she gets to go home today.

As far as we are concerned, Mary Sue arrived on Thursday when I thought I was going into labor which turned out to not be the real thing. You'd think I would know by now but Parker was having decels in his heart rate so they sent me to the hospital to be monitored which resulted in them breaking my water and Maryn was a thrilling ride in an ambulance at 3 am! So none of my labors have been normal- but what is a "normal" labor anyway? So here we are playing the waiting game. Each night I have really hard contractions that subside when I go to bed. I am getting more and more anxious for this baby to get here. I went to get my hair highlighted and cut yesterday so we're all set!! Thanks for all of your prayers for all of my family. Will let you know if anything exciting happens...

3 comments:

The Muncies said...

We are praying for everyone!! I've been wondering about you and how you're doing. So glad to get an update! We'll be thinking of yall!

nicolefiehler said...

can't wait for baby ray to arrive!

Ben and Emily Wells said...

Come on baby! Come out and play!