Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Atlanta Trip

So I haven't posted about our last and final hurrah to Hotlanta. For an overview of my weekend check out my friend Megan's blog. She took all the pictures and wrote a great summary of our time so rather than do my own I am stealing hers!!

http://shropshireonthemove.blogspot.com/2008/06/last-weekend-was-8th-annual-math-girls.html

While I was shopping Mark took the kids to the Kirby's. Dan, Jane, Matt and Liz used to live next to Mark's family when they were growing up in Dothan and then moved to Atlanta. They are pretty much like family. Jane came and stayed with Mary Sue here in Charlotte after Maryn was born to help out. They are very kind, gracious friends. Mark's parents also came to stay at the Kirby's to see the kids and help Mark. I had a great time shopping with my friends but was just a tiny bit envious to be missing out on the fun they all had. Matt and his wife Laura live in Atlanta now with their son Jack (Matt actually works for Goldman Sachs with my uncle John. What a small world!!) and I know Mark enjoyed getting to visit with them.


Maryn, Jack and Parker


Maryn's first kiss. Boy, are we going to have our hands full!


Jane Kirby, Maryn, Terry aka Grandpops (obviously Mark's dad!!), Mark, Parker and Mary Sue aka Grandma at a art festival in Virginia Highlands.

Sunday afternoon before we left Atlanta we went to the Georgia Aquarium thanks to my friend Christen. I have been wanting to go for a long time now but its expensive for two adult tickets and one child's and... it's in Atlanta which is not too far from Charlotte but not close enough for a day trip with two kids. Christen had two free adult tickets that she let me have!! Thanks,
Christen!!!


Parker checking out the penguins. I could not get a picture without this annoying kid who kept banging on the glass at the poor penguin.


Mark and Parker in this special viewing place so you can see the penguins up close.


A shark! Parker's favorite part


The first place we went had a tank that made a tunnel with all kinds of fish, sharks, sting rays. It also had a moving sidewalk that went through really slowly but you weren't supposed to take strollers on it.


Beluga whale


Maryn checking out the sea lions.


This was the very first tank we saw that was ultimately part of the tunnel tank (I'm sure they have a better name for it!) and this window was probably two stories high.

What a great last trip before the baby comes! Only about two and a half weeks until my due date!! I went to the doctor yesterday and have made a tiny bit of progress. I'm starting to feel a little more uncomfortable which seemed to happen a lot sooner with Maryn. So hopefully in two weeks I will be ready- and getting over what denial I still have. Does that happen with every birth regardless of how close together they are or how many you have? My friend Arin and I were talking about her denial earlier today. I'm not sure if we have more because our kids are close together and we each will soon have three... or if it happens to everyone? Comments??

3 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Oh my goodness...that picture of Maryn kissing that cute little boy just tickled me! Good thing she has a big brother and lots of boy cousins to keep an eye on her! As for the denial part - I think it's a survival tactic. You don't deal with it until you have to, which means not until the baby comes home:) I sure do miss all of you! I hope Pizza is delivered early so I can make the trip!!!

yellowbritches said...

you keep that agressive boy away from my innocent, sweet granddaughter! about this denial thing????????? maybe that's just something I don't need to know as I have no clue as to what you're talking about

andreak said...

LOVE the atlanta trip pics--you look AMAZING!
BUT, my favorite is little miss maryn being a little hoochie and kissin on that little boy! oh, a girl after my own heart!!
{funny, funny comments yellowbritches!!}