Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pizza Bear






Wednesday night we went to the mall to look for some dress shirts for Mark and decided to go to Build A Bear. Our friend Lilli made a bear for her baby brother Liam before he was born and I thought that was such a great idea. So we decided to let Parker pick something out and make it for the baby. He chose a dog that he named Bear. Only a 2 year old (almost 3!). At Build A Bear you can also buy a device that makes a sound to put in his paw that roars or makes whatever noise your animal makes. You can also record your own. We made a recording of Parker saying, "I love you, Baby Pizza." It is the sweetest thing you've ever heard!

We've been reading You're All My Favorites lately. Not sure the author. It's the cutest story about three little bears who each worry that their parents love the other bears better. The oldest is a boy who we have named Parker Bear. The next happens to be a girl, named Maryn Bear, of course. And the baby is a boy- we will have to get the author to rewrite us one for a third girl if this baby is a girl!- who we call Pizza Bear. So we have taken to calling the dog Pizza Bear. Hopefully this will suffice when the baby arrives and has to have a name other than Baby Pizza. And hopefully Parker will give up the dog.

Of course I forgot to bring my camera but he and Maryn had a great time. They had a bear in a stroller that Maryn just pushed around the store the whole time. She is going to get the baby a little lovie like her "babies" to give to Baby Pizza. So a fun night at the mall for the Ray family. Coming soon... my answer to Sarah's tag but I had to get this done first. And it really does fulfill Sarah's purpose anyway, to move the Easter post down from the top!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

I can't wait to see Pizza Bear-the real one and the stuffed one! Baby Pizza Bear is so lucky to have such a sweet big brother and sister. It looks like you all had lots of fun. Grandma and Grandpops love you!

Shealy said...

That is the cutest story I have ever heard! Absolutely precious! Any predictions on what Baby Pizza is??

The Martin Family said...

I had a stuffed dog that I named Bear when I was little! I love it! And how precious will it be years from now to have sweet little Parker's voice telling his brother/sister that he loves them! What a fabulous idea. You are the best mom EVER!!