Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Guess I had better get started on this new post since Sarah tagged me days ago. But I've been busy!! Mostly shopping for Thomas the train additions to our collection. AC Moore was having a sale, buy one get one free and on Monday my friend Meg and I went to stock up for upcoming birthdays, Christmas, etc. They also had a 55% off coupon in the Sunday paper. Now usually you can't use those with other sales but they missed that somehow in their computer system. So I went to the register with a $27 Useful Engine Shed and $27 set of construction trains expecting to pay $27 (buy one get one) and the cashier asked if I had any coupons. Being the honest person that I am I said I didn't think I could use them with the sale and she said let's check. So we did. $13!!! And Meg got $130 worth of merchandise for $35!!! We were ecstatic! Alas, today they wised up (is that correct?? Abby??) and discovered people were basically ripping them off so we were only able to do buy one get one free. But who is to argue with that? So Ford is now getting started on his train set as I got some things for Sarah.

On to the tagging...
What was I doing 10 years ago? I was a sophomore at Auburn in secondary math education, studying hard (ha!! late night trips to Tiger Time with Abby for cheese grits and chocolate shakes kept much studying from happening) and getting ready to be engaged. Mark had already bought the ring and would torture me by getting it out and looking at it in front of me without showing me. We've obviously never been good at keeping secrets from each other so I knew it was coming soon. Joseph graduated from high school at the end of May so Mark waited until June 1st to ask me.

5 things on my to do list today (which we will call tomorrow since tonight all I have to do is watch American Idol. Go David Cook!!)...
1. Petting zoo at Parker's preschool at 10
2. Lunch with Nicole after that
3. Visit with Andrea
4. Call and order Curious George stuff for Parker's birthday party
5. Cook dinner for my family- chicken crescent squares

5 snacks I enjoy...
1. CHOCOLATE!! dark not milk
2. Cheese-Its
3. Auntie Ann's pretzels at the mall
4. cookies
5. ice cream- preferably chocolate!
As you can see I am not a healthy eater, especially at 28 weeks pregnant.

5 things I would do if I were a billionaire...
1. Gift money to friends I have that are in need
2. Take the kids to Disney World (sure, we'll do this one day but sooner if we had lots of money!) with some friends and family
3. Fly family to visit me (and help out :) ) whenever possible
4. Give more to our wonderful but small and somewhat poor church- and to Djard's mission in Brazil that Mark helped with (does that need to be two separate things?)
5. Save for college and retirement (boring but necessary)

5 bad habits...
1. love, love to pick- my kid's ear wax, pimples, finger nails, etc. When Parker was a newborn he had a lot of dead skin on him from being born late so I would sit and nurse him and pick it all off. Poor kid!
2. complaining (just asked Mark to give suggestions... he said "I'm not touching that" After I said #2 he did say that crossed his mind... grrrr)
3. being too busy to sit and play with the kids
4. horrible eating habits
5. road rage- this is getting better since I've had kids and quit driving on the interstate as much since I'm not teaching downtown

5 places I have lived...
1. Brentwood TN
2. Hollifield Hall- 1st floor my freshman year and 2nd floor my sophomore year
3. Northpoint- subdivision in Auburn with duplexes with Susan Anderson and Anne Spencer, my freshman roommate who I got potluck and ended up being good friends with
4. Glen Haven apt. with Mark in Auburn when we were first married
5. 13631 Shiella Caruth Dr in Huntersville, our current home


5 jobs I have had...
1. Children's Shop in Nashville (creative name, huh) It was a kids boutique that I would never be able to afford now that I have kids. They paid me horribly but were only open until 5:30 and not on Sunday.
2. Hollifield Hall front desk answering phones and checking in visitors
3. Party Depot in Auburn- I had a lot of fun here especially when I got to do invitations
4. Piedmont Open Middle School- ah, the days of being a middle school math teacher. Sometimes I miss it, other times not so much.
5. tutoring math when Parker was a baby

I want to know more about...
1. Abby
2. my dad- since he never posts and this would be fun
3. Andrea (although your blog isn't really about this kind of stuff...)
4. Emily but I know she's got WAY too much going on right now so don't really do it :)
Those are all my friends that actually have a blog. Note to friends: Get a blog!!!

9 comments:

Hutchie said...

Jennie - I loved reading this. So fun to catch up on the your life - and learn all that stuff that I didn't know about you - like the cheese grits!!!

yellowbritches said...

now exactly what do you need to know aout your dear ole daddy?

yellowbritches said...

other than how to type. think your "busy to play with kids" may be a stretch as I have watched you with them over the years and you do a wonderful job. road rage, on the other hand......

and I never knew about the studying thing. thought you were "nose to the grindstone"

yellowbritches said...

and don't even think about tagging me. couldn't come up with 5 bad habits. 1 or 2 maybe, and those could be tough. maybe Debbie, Bea, Katie or Louise could think of some

The Martin Family said...

Well, it's about time! I loved reading all about you...I think it's neat to see what people that you know really well say and think about themselves! And I had no idea you were expecting your engagement ring, I thought it was a surprise! I can't believe that rascal would get it out in front of you! We would have come to blows if that had been me. And as for not being able to keep things from each other, I sure do wish you had applied that to Pizza. As D-Day is getting closer, I'm absolutely DYING to know if I'll have another niece or nephew! Okay, longest comment ever...maybe I should have just left 3-4 short ones like Papa!

The Rays said...

hey i come by that road rage honestly!!

The Rays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yellowbritches said...

are you referring to moi?

Abby said...

Is it weird that the only thing I didn't know about you was the first bad habit (um, gross!) and that you like Auntie Anne's pretzels? I have never actually had an Auntie Anne's pretzel, but when I used to mall walk, the smell in the entire wing where the Auntie Anne's pretzels was used to nauseate me so badly that I would hold my breath. I am really quite concerned about what they must put in there! :)

Oh, and I didn't know you liked David Cook, but I should have known as he is hands down the best. I am planning a whole American Idol post to that end :) (Oh, and also that that Jason guy is a total Sanjaya situation all over again. Yuck!)

Also, tell Mark that if he thinks you complain, he just needs to talk to me every now and then. You've got nothing on me! Case in point, it is "wised up" (well done!) but you knew i would complain if you got it wrong :)

And by the way, I really like your new greeny design. Very nice!