Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Mini Van Dilemma

I still don't have my car back. It has officially been TWO MONTHS since the fire. TWO MONTHS. Ridiculous you say. Yep. Completely. As of right now we are supposed to be able to pick it up today but I am not holding my breath. We turned in the rental car a week and a half before Christmas when they told us it would be ready. We didn't really need two cars anyway over the break because Mark took the week of Christmas off. So our friend Juan drove Mark for a few days to and from work and the kids and I took him a few days. Its not quite as bad as it sounds because he is studying a little so we don't leave until around 9. But we will all be so glad to have 2 cars again. Having to load and unload two kids out of a Honda Accord is not fun. I know lots of people do it everyday but its a pain. And the car is just so low to the ground that I feel like I am going to get run over on the interstate.

Which brings us to this...



A minivan. With baby number 3 on the way its now a must not just something I have REALLY wanted for a long time. The dilemma is which minivan to get. Most of our friends have the Odyssey and I think that's what I am leaning towards. I know I will be happy with either one. There are little things about each that I like. The Odyssey has a dvd player that you load up front whereas the Sienna's loads at the actual player which will be hard to reach. The Sienna has a power lift gate in the back but you can only get that on the most expensive model which we are not getting. I like the outside of the Sienna and the inside of the Odyssey. So... if you have any input please let me know! It may come down to whichever we can get the best deal on!!

4 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Hmmm...sounds like the Odyssey to me! Do any of your friends that have one wish they had gone with the Sienna? I think you'd be REALLY happy with either! Which kid is sitting in the back, Parker?

yellowbritches said...

buy the one that matches best with NASCAR stickers

DeLine Family said...

CONGRATS on Baby "Pizza" #3 - Whew! Now, the minivan - don't do it - don't give in! I guess with 3 kids you can have a pass! All but 1 of our friends have the Odyssey and LOVE IT! The 1 friend has the Sienna - and they love it too! But seems the consensus is definitely the Odyssey...plus... Honda's really hold their value!! :-)

The Rays said...

forgot to mention two other features:
Odyssey- a rear camera to show where you're reversing or if you're running over something

Sienna- tailgating seats- the rear bench folds outward so you have somewhere to sit when tailgaiting. If we lived in or closer to Auburn this would be a great selling point.