Monday, January 14, 2008

Dilemma Answered


Admittedly not the best picture but its like 30 degrees outside and I wanted to show off my t-shirt so I didn't wear a coat.



Happy Jennie!! I get so excited every time I get in Olivia.


Don't you love this t-shirt??!! My sweet friend Nicole gave this to me for Christmas. What a great find.

I know you are all on pins and needles to know what we ended up doing with the car. Well, we are the proud new owners of a Honda Odyssey, aka Olivia. Let me start a couple of weeks back. As of Jan. 4 post we had still not gotten our Tribute back from being fixed. The parts they were waiting for had come in and it was supposed to be ready to go that day. Until someone at the body shop scratched the roof and it had to be repainted. Of course! So Monday comes and they say that one of the tail lights is not working right and they send it to the Ford dealership to be looked at because they did all the wiring (why, I have no idea!). Tuesday comes and we FINALLY get it back.

Long story short we bought Olivia this past Friday night after we found out Mark had passed his exam. Yeah, Mark! He works so hard studying for these exams and this last one has been a real challenge. Of course timing is not always the best since the last time he took it was about two weeks after Maryn was born. Anyway, he now has his ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries). Way to go Mark!! He still has a few more tests until he's done but this is a good place to be- a little more security which is always a good thing. He works really hard, and I am so proud of him.

So back to my van. It is beautiful and has so many nice features. Parker loves that the doors open by themselves and always wants to push the buttons. Mark loves the navigation system that we barely know how to work. I love the conversation that's built into the sunglasses holder so I can see the kids. And the heated seats and all the room and that there are built in sunscreens in the kid's doors. The list goes on and on...

The kids love it too. (Maryn enjoying a book about construction vehicles.)

4 comments:

Shealy said...

Maybe y'all can work out the navigational system on your way to Auburn! I hope to see y'all this weekend! Be safe!

DeLine Family said...

Congrats to Mark & on the ride! Sounds AUsome! Good luck and Have fun figured out all the new gadgets...that's the most fun!

nicolefiehler said...

yeah!!!!! love the shirt...love the van...love that mark passed his exam....lots to be excited about!

Anonymous said...

wow, who knew you could be so hot and drive a minivan at the same time???? love it, jen!!