Thursday, July 23, 2009

June Celebrations

June was a busy month full of celebrations. Mark and I had our 10th wedding anniversary on June 12th. These beautiful flowers were waiting on my front porch when I got home from the pool that morning. What a crazy 10 years its been! Especially the last 5... we went to San Francisco for our 5th anniversary and weren't even pregnant with Parker yet and now we have 3! I sure do love you, babe, and have loved the past 10 years with you. You are my best friend, the love of my life. I am so thankful God brought us together at that keg party in Auburn!! :)



Mark also celebrated his 35th birthday June 18th. Happy Birthday, Mark!! He got a kindle for his birthday and loves it. I haven't seen him this excited in a long time, about a gift anyway.



Father's Day. Mark really did get a lot of celebrating this month! We made tie cards for all of the dads. Buying cards is just way too expensive!



This is the only picture from Bermuda that I am posting right now. It definitely deserves a post of its own. Lets just say we had a BLAST!! Missed the kids but knew they were in good hands.


Parker and Maryn stayed in Auburn with Joseph and Sarah. My mom also came down to help. Emma went to Dothan with Mary Sue. I don't have pictures from their stays but they had a great time and were kept very busy. The big kids didn't have any crying fits where they missed us too much which I was very excited to hear. The went swimming, fishing and to a birthday party. Parker even went off the diving board for the first time and caught 11 fish! Much thanks to Joseph, Sarah, Ford, Luke, mom and all of the others who helped keep my oldest two busy and having fun!!!! Grandma and Grandpops had a great time with Emma and got pretty attached to her. I think they were a little lonely when she had to come back. THANK YOU for having her!

After we got back from Bermuda we all met up in Auburn with a plan of driving home the next day. Mark ended up going back by himself so I could stay and help (ha! with my 3 kids??) get ready for my sweet nephew's first birthday. It was a fun week but there is such a thing as overstaying our welcome... but who better to overstay with than Joseph and Sarah!!

Parker helping Joseph in the yard.





Joseph took the big kids to an early 4th of July fireworks showing and we decided (don't try it) to give the kids a bath outside. It was pretty funny, especially when they all peed in the yard, Maryn too.


Happy 1st Birthday to Luke! He was born a month and a half early and had to spend two weeks in the NICU.


No one would know looking at him on his birthday!!


Big boys at the party. They are such sweet friends. Parker and Maryn have really been missing Ford and Ford refers to the playroom where they slept while in Auburn as Parker and Maryn's room!



Two posts in two days! What has come over me?? Well, no VBS to plan, no birthdays, or trips so I have time to blog! Don't count on one tomorrow though.

4 comments:

yellowbritches said...

my goodness, 2 posts in 2 days! be still my heart! great pics, particularly the one of you in Bermuda. you certainly deserved a good vacation and it seems to have been just the deal. Sarah & Joseph also deserve many kudos as well. but maybe with the exception of the outdoor bathing deal. good pic though. we are so very blessed to have such wonderful kids and granchillren and even more blessed that all of you are so close. going to be difficult to wait until Christmas for our next gathering.

now, what keg party??????????

andreak said...

LOVE that you & mark met at a keg party!!....sounds like him, but not so much like you ;)

LOVE that in the only picture you posted in bermuda you both are.... color coordinated!! too funny ;)

The Rays said...

oops. dad, you didn't know that was where we met? i was the sober driver.

Grandma said...

Loved the post! Time sure does fly...hard to believe my first born has been married 10 years. We love you, Jennie! What a beautiful, beautiful family the two of you have been blessed with. I'm so glad you and Mark had a chance to get away for your anniversary. We were surely happy for the opportunity of keeping Emma. We had lots of fun!!!