Friday, July 31, 2009

Bermuda!!

Let me say that Bermuda was FABULOUS!

This is where we stayed, the Fairmont Southhampton.

We dropped the kids in Auburn on a Wednesday, put them to bed and then left. It felt really weird driving away- but I didn't mind too much! We got to Bermuda and it was raining really hard but since it was 4 o'clock in the afternoon and we weren't going to get any sun anyway. The weather the rest of the trip was great although it did rain again Saturday afternoon but we were shopping in Hamilton so it didn't matter too much. The food was absolutely fabulous. Our favorite was Waterlot Inn. It was probably our favorite restaurant ever. I had scallops all four nights either for an entree or appetizer. YUM!! We did lots of reading, sitting by the pool, whatever we wanted! I could take as long as I wanted in the shower, shave my legs every time, fix my hair and put on my make-up without any interruption. Maryn wasn't trying to play in my make-up and Emma wasn't crying to be picked up. I love my kids A TON but it sure is good to get away every once in a while. Especially with Mark!!

It was a great trip and the kids had so much fun while we were away. When we got home they were so excited to see us. Maryn just screamed and then said "I saw the door open. I didn't know who it was and it was you!" in her shrill little excited voice. So cute.

You can't rent cars there, only scooters. We weren't there long enough and didn't care about doing anything but sitting by the pool to rent one.


This was at the Fairmont Princess in Hamilton. There was a free ferry that would take you between the two resorts which was nice because taking a taxi was pretty expensive.


These dancers were at the dock when the ferry arrived in Hamilton.


View from the ferry




My handsome husband


View from Waterlot Inn


Our room


Can't wait to start planning our 15th anniversary trip!

3 comments:

andreak said...

YAY! for vacations!! and pictures!!
although i'm not such a huge fan of seeing a picture of your room... ;) it makes me feel a bit...uncomfortable... ;)

The Rays said...

but wasn't it a nice, big room?? i would never post anything naughty... remember my dad reads this blog!

yellowbritches said...

you're damn right I read these!