Sunday, January 31, 2010

SNOW!


We finally got a really good snow! It started Friday afternoon around 4 and didn't really stop until some in the night. We woke up Saturday morning to sleet but it wasn't enough to keep us indoors. The paper said Huntersville got 6 inches. I don't think it got out of the 20's yesterday (Saturday) so there wasn't any melting. Church was canceled and I haven't been out of the house since Thursday! Yikes! It's warming up today so the snow is beginning to melt. I am hoping we have school tomorrow or at least that the roads are clear enough to get out of the house!

Today was so sunny that we needed sunglasses!



Parker eating snow.


Emma really enjoyed playing in the snow and stayed out longer than Parker and Maryn.


We don't have a sled so a piece of cardboard worked. Today we upgraded to a Rubbermaid lid to a storage bin. I think we may need to purchase a real sled.



2 comments:

Grandma said...

Those are the MOST adorable pics I have seen!!! That cap of Emma's is just too much! I really love the pic of the three kids together. Maryn looks just like you Jennie in that pic. Wish I could have been there to enjoy the fun!

yellowbritches said...

great pics. but the one of Maryn in those sunglasses, Emma's hat. and Parker coming down that hill and it's a steep one. looks like we might have a few future skiers