Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Birthday Girl

A birthday post for a very special little girl. Maryn turned 2 on Oct. 26 so we're a little late. We had a lot of fun although I didn't really like having her party on her birthday. You know me I like to spread out the celebration!!


This is the awesome present that my supper club friends gave Maryn. It's great that they all go in together and get one great thing. I'm not sure why I don't have a picture of them riding it but they have a blast. The night she got it I think she and Parker rode it at least 50 times.


This is what Mark and I got her. It makes her doorway into this little doorway or you can play with it stand alone. It even has a doorbell, peephole and mailbox. She loves it!!


My little princess. She got lots of cute dress up stuff from a couple of people and this totally cool coat from Andrea.


Maryn and baby Sofia- who really isn't too much of a baby anymore. Maryn LOVES Sofia. Isn't she beautiful? And that's her dad, our good friend Juan, holding her.


Decorating cupcakes. A fun activity and saves me some work!!


Lilly showing Maryn how to be a princess (the trunk is full of dress-up clothes).


more princess


Mark and Parker working on our backyard project. This was a major headache for mommy. Of course, I didn't have to do much work but the red clay got ALL over the kids every time we went outside, not to mention on Max. But Mark did a wonderful job digging out the yard to make a bigger space for the swing set. He also put all of the dirt around the patio so that we could take out the rotting boards that was holding it up. It looks sooo much better. Now for that wall...



Part of the finished project. Pretty impressive, huh? He dug it out all by himself- well, except for Parker's "help."



Marn helping me bake her cake.


I can't believe she's two!!

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Wow! I've been checking every day for pictures. It was worth the wait! What a precious child. She is just too cute. It looks like she had a great time and got lots of super presents. I wish I could have celebrated with all of you. Mark did an awesome job on the back yard! Love you!

yellowbritches said...

excellent. and what a princess. guess she'll be dressing up for a long, long time to come. only problem is that it gets more expensive as she gets older. and yes, Mark did a fabulous job. I'm sure that clay wasn't the easiest to dig and move. thanks for the update. only 3 more weeks!

The Martin Family said...

maryn, you are the cutest thing i have EVER seen! i hope you had a wonderful 2nd birthday! it looks like your mommy and daddy worked very hard to make it a special day for you! i can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!!!!!

nicolefiehler said...

i love her! and when i see her licking the beater, i totally see you doing that when you were little...