Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Visit from Papa and Dede


Papa and Dede with the three Ray grandkids. They came at the end of August before Joseph and Sarah's visit. We had a great time hanging out and eating well- as we are known to do. Enjoy the rest of the pictures and stories...


The garden Dede and Papa planted for me (was all mint and weeds before). Isn't it beautiful? Thank you Dede and Papa!!


Parker helping plant the garden.


sleeping Emma


Here's the story behind this... Debbie insisted that I go get my haircut and colored and to let her and my dad watch the kids. Maryn has been potty training and is doing fairly well. I have to ask/remind her a lot of the time but she is going which is what counts. So Maryn is sitting on Daddy's lap and all of a sudden he feels something warm and realizes Maryn has peed on him. I don't think he found it very amusing! As my dad often tells me I reminded him... those things happen.


Dede snuggling with Emma.


And the story to this picture... Parker and Maryn had been to the barnyard party that morning and ridden Penny the pony. The favors were cowboy hats and he also got a jumprope. So Parker, aka Farmer Parker, decided he needed to "rope somebody" and my dad was the one- but only for a time. Dede was the honored Penny for most of the trip. I'm not sure why I didn't get a picture of that. Parker would walk her around the den and kitchen waving like a beauty queen, take Penny to his room and have her eat pretend hay, then they would lay down on his bed to take a nap. And then it would start all over again. Patient and kind Dede, thank you for making my little boy so happy. He actually asked me to play horsey this morning and I cleverly distracted him with something else!



We had a great visit and can't wait to see you in November!

2 comments:

yellowbritches said...

good thing that boy didn't have a whip!. yes a wonderful time and also looking forward to Thanksgiving!

yellowbritches said...

and NOW I find it amusing!