Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Craftiness

When Sarah was in town she and I went shopping and I saw these at Gymboree for $30



so I took an old pair of Maryn's jeans and made these.

I saw jeans similar to these at Poppies (an adorable boutique in Huntersville that does mostly monogramming) for $60 and made them. I tried to get away with using stitch witchery to attach the ribbon and pompoms and that didn't work so well. Now they are sitting in my sewing basket waiting to be attached with real thread. Yuck! I hate having to do a project twice. Actually this will be three times because I sewed the cuff of fabric on wrong side out the first time. So I'm not the best sewer...



I have been reading this blog lately and been inspired by Darby's craftiness. Any other ideas on some fun and easy projects?

4 comments:

The Martin Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeLine Family said...

Those are SOOOO cute! I must have a little girl next so I can do fun crafty projects!! I am so proud of your sewing skillz!

The Muncies said...

cute!!!!! Thanks for the idea! Did yall find the hairbow clips??

Lauren said...

those look awesome! i can't wait unti kit is big enough to wear stuff like that. if i start now i may have them done by then...